Q. What was the major benefit of using Amvic Insulated Concrete Forms and
the AmDeck Floor System for this residential building?
A. “The construction of the building began in November meaning the insulated
nature of the material was essential to the budget and timing of the project.
Window openings were temporarily tarped closed and the building was
effectively heated so that other trades could work efficiently as the exterior
walls went up.
The building is the second of its type by the same key stakeholders along
a major traffic artery close to an international airport in the country’s capital.
The ribbon cutting ceremony was attended by the regional MPP, Mayor, and
multiple city councilors.”
- Rigid continuous insulation
- Speed and ease of installation
- Energy-efficient and sustainable
- Lightweight, durable, and easy to handle
- Innovative insulation solutions
- Warm, comfortable, and efficient
“An existing relationship with both the owner and GC meant the bar was set high for the performance of our crews. By using Amvic ICF we were able to meet the rigorous timelines and exacting accuracy required by a precast project such as this. We were able to achieve this regardless of the challenging weather conditions of an Ottawa winter.”— Mitch Schaefer, ICF Installer
- Project Name
- Homewood Suites Ottawa Airport
- Project Type
- 3605 Paul Anka Dr., Ottawa, Ontario
- Size (Sq. Ft.)
- 95,000 sq. ft. + 15,000 sq. ft. roof deck
- 6 Storey
- Newcon Insulated Foundations
- Product(s) Used
- Amvic Insulated Concrete Forms