Q. What was the major benefit of using Insulated Concrete Forms over
traditional construction methods?
A. “Not only were we able to build through the winter and finish ahead of
schedule, but ICF also provided noise attenuation which is ideal for hotels and
beneficial to the comfort of the occupants. The ICF envelope also helps the
owner reduce maintenance and operating costs.
The Hampton Inn Ottawa is a rare large ICF footprint in the region. ICF has
been developing in the residential space but is now moving to large commercial
- Rigid continuous insulation
- Speed and ease of installation
- Energy-efficient and sustainable
- Lightweight, durable, and easy to handle
- Innovative insulation solutions
“Amvic ICF was chosen because of its robust design. The higher web count and high-quality EPS foam allowed us to use forming techniques never used in residential construction with confidence.”— Dave Dallow, ICF Installer and Distributor
- Project Name
- Hampton Inn.
- Project Type
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Size (Sq. Ft.)
- 60,000 sq.ft.
- Newcon Insulated Foundations
- Product(s) Used
- Amvic Insulated Concrete Forms