We want to build structures that are the best in their class, energy efficient and with a focus on speed of construction using newer building technologies.
Question and Answer with Owner
Q: What was the major benefit of using Amvic ICF over conventional construction?
A: This building combines both ICF and conventional methods. Using ICF meant quicker construction, superior long term energy efficiency and long term life cycle.
Q: Why did you choose Amvic?
A: We found that Amvic was the strongest ICF product on the market, provided a variety of block sizes, also product quality combined with quick and efficient service motivated the decision.
Q: How long was the ICF construction process?
A: The ICF component of the construction process was 5 months.
Benefits of ICF use in the commercial Highrise Sector
- Speed and ease of construction with less labour required
- Lower long term operating and maintenance costs, achieving ROI more quickly
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Fire resistant
- Structural Integrity
- Improved environmental performance
At 14 storeys, this is the highest load-bearing ICF structure in North America to date.— John Krzic
- Project Name
- 345 King, Student Residence
- Project Type
- 15-Storey High Rise Building
- 345 King Street, Waterloo, Ontario
- Building foot print 164’ x 58’ approx. 132,000 sq. ft. of floor area
- 14 Storeys of ICF
- Amvic installer
- Jamesway Construction