Q. What was the major benefit of using Insulated Concrete Forms over traditional construction methods?
A. One of the main reasons ICF was selected was its insulation properties. The form itself has 3.5 inches of insulation on each side. The insulation makes the building much more efficient for holding temperature when heating and cooling the space. Efficient building operations are also supported by the highly-efficient equipment installed in the building.
“The project utilized Amvic because of success with ICF in MMQCI’s existing building, which was also constructed by Consigli. Consigli’s self-perform division was selected due to the team’s high-quality delivery of past concrete performance.
Due to the great success of the existing ICF building at MMQCI, there was little convincing needed to build the expansion with the same ICF product in Amvic.”
– David Thomas, General Contractor
- Rigid continuous insulation
- Speed and ease of installation
- Energy-efficient and sustainable
- Lightweight, durable, and easy to handle
- Innovative insulation solutions
- Project Name
- Maine Molecular Expansion
- Project Type
- Addition & Renovation/Lab and Office
- Saco, Maine
- 49,695 sq.ft.
- 2 storey
- Consigli Construction Co., Inc., Larry Chouinard
- Product(s) Used
- Amvic Insulated Concrete Forms